Frequently Asked Questions
No matter what I do, my problem won't go away!
In a sense this should be the last item on here, but as it can be quite important it is the first. Make sure to try the approaches below first! If really nothing works and your problem persists on both servers and in singleplayer follow these steps:
- Stop ARK if it is running
- Unsubscribe from Survival Plus in the Steam Workshop
- Delete the installed mod files by deleting the folders and files named “829467257” in “Steam\steamapps\common\ARK\ShooterGame\Content\Mods\“
- Delete the cached download files by deleting the folders and files named “829467257” in “Steam\steamapps\workshop\content\346110\”
- Restart Steam
- Re-subscribe to Survival Plus (it is best to use the steam browser or web browser, joining a server is not a good idea)
- In Steam go to “Libraries”, find “ARK: Survival Evolved”, right click and select “Properties”, then go to the “Local Files” tab and finally select “Verify integrity of game files”. Let this process finish.
- Start ARK and wait for the “Installing” text in the bottom left corner to vanish.
I am missing engrams or items when playing on a server!
Please contact the server admin, the mod most likely did not fully install. This is a common issue – our installation section covers the correct steps to verify and fix this issue. If you are an admin feel free to contact us for help!
I cannot harvest anything from bushes!
Make sure to remove the line “useoptimizedharvestinghealth=true” from your startup command line and GameUserSettings.ini
How can I get fiber?
Getting fiber is different from vanilla ARK, you now have an engram in your inventory, that allows you to craft fiber from plant parts. If the engram does not show up you are likely on an old savegame (consider making a new one!), if you die and respawn the issue should be fixed!
How can I get thatch?
Thatch is not something commonly harvested from trees, so we updated that a bit.
To obtain thatch first gather plant parts from bushes, then wait for them to dry (“spoil”) into thatch. You can speed this up by building a hay bundle to dry plant parts in bulk.
What professions are currently available?
Survivors can currently choose from Alchemist, Blacksmith, Builder, Carpenter, Entrepreneur, Farmer, Hunter, Mason and Tailor.